The M-25 is an aircraft engine that was produced in the USSR in the 30s and 40s under the license of Wright R-1820-F3.
The Wright R-1820 license was purchased in 1934. The Plant № 19 (Perm) was set up in order to adapt the engine. Arkady D. Shvetsov was appointed engineering director and chief design engineer of the plant.
First engines were produced of US-made parts. The only difference from the original M-25 was the use of metric components (size specification). Altogether, Perm and Kazan plants produced 13 888 M-25 engines.
Volume: 29,87 l
Stroke Cycle: 174,5 mm
The Number of Cylinders: 9
Cylinder Diameter: 155,5 mm
Cooling System: air-cooled
Manufacturer: Plant № 19 (Perm), Plant № 27 (Kazan)
Manufacturer address: 1934-1942